Archive for March, 2009
Working with Insurance companies can become very tricky when it comes to replacement of lost or stolen
jewelry. We hope the following tips will help you make the right decision on why, what, how and how much to insure your diamonds for.
After you’ve chosen a beautiful piece of jewelry, your next decision should be how to protect it. The standard homeowners policy provides only limited coverage for jewelry, often excluding breakage or loss. With specific jewelery insurance you’re completely covered. What diamond jewelry insurance generaly covers; loss, theft, mysterious disappearance and damage.
We suggest periodic inspections of your insured items. Why, you ask? There are two major reasons.
1. While insurance does not cover normal wear and tear of your jewelry, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that during inspections, your jeweler can identify small problems – such as loose stones, worn prongs, and faulty clasps – before they become bigger ones.
2. Most jewelry values increase over time, so routine inspections are important for maintaining current values and adequate insurance limits. (Inspections also are a great opportunity to have your jewelry cleaned)
The cost of insurance is based on the jewelry’s retail replacement value and the state and county where theperson who wears the jewelry lives. We advice that if you’ve not already got your bling covered, that you start shopping around for prices today! Better to be safe than sorry, better to spend a little in protection than face a huge bill for replacement.
Get inspired from celebrity engagement rings worn by the rich and famous. Check out these stunning rings, you don’t need to spend the same to get the same look, just take the essence and the inspiration of the style and the meaning. You too can bling like your favorite celebrity.
1. Catherine Zeta Jones got engaged to Michael Douglas and he bought for her a beautiful antique marquise diamond of 10 carats worth $2 million to mark the occasion.
2. Joan Collins received a heart-shaped diamond ring made in the 19th century from Percy Gibson, her husband.
3. Some celebrities settle for a three-stone engagement ring to represent past, present, and future. Famous pop star Madonna received a three-stone antique exquisite Edwardian diamond ring with a decorative platinum band from Guy Ritchie.
4. Paris Hilton, the famous diva, was engaged to billionaire Paris Latsis with two famous engagement rings: a canary diamond ring of 24 carats worth $5 million and a white emerald-cut diamond ring of 15 carats worth $2.1 million.
5. Britney Spears also has two engagement rings: a cushion-cut diamond ring of 4 carats worth $40,000 bought by herself before her wedding and another one presented by her husband Kevin Federline, nine months after their marriage.
Main Diamond is 0.22 carat G VS1, the remaining diamonds are 91 diamonds 0.50 carat F VS1.
Appraised Price: $3,000 / UK£2,097
Our Price: $1,800 / UK£1,258
You save: $1,200 / UK£839
- Safe & Secure Shopping – we’ve been online since 1997!
- Thousands of Exclusive Designs
- Certified Diamonds.
- FREE Worldwide Insured Shipping.
- Pay Only After You Receive the Jewel.
Fine, expensive and fragile jewelry are precious possessions that should be designed and crafted to last a lifetime. The best way to keep you rings and jewelry clean and looking good is to clean them gently and often using a simple process such as the one outlined below.
1. Clean the sink
2. Soak your diamond ring in the sink half filled with warm water.
3. Fill a small bowl with window cleaner or non-bleach cleaner.
4. Place the ring from the warm water in the sink to the bowl
5. Allow the ring soak for 10 minutes.
6. Use an old toothbrush to gently scrub the diamond ring
7. Refill the sink with clean warm water and soak the diamond for 5 minutes
8. Again gently scrub the ring with the toothbrush, wlthough now under a flow of cold water.
9. Rinse using warm water.
10. Repeat, if necessary, until you achieve the brilliant sparkle you deserve.
Seven Diamond & Sapphires Wedding or Engagement Ring
Ring includes 4 diamonds 0.20 carat and 3 Blue Sapphires Cylon high quality origin, 0.25 carat .
Appraised Price: $1,463 / UK£1,022
Our Price: $975 / UK£682
You save: $488 / UK£341
We always offer FREE insured global shipping. Diamonds-USA is a name you can trust.
Diamonds-USA.com – Online since 1997 – Cutting Diamonds since 1979