Archive for December, 2009
We thought it could be really nice to collect a few interesting facts about diamonds for you to read and enjoy for the most beautiful time of the year, the holidays season, also known as “shopping season”. So before you go out and do your eye-to-diamond research, we thought that you might want to know that:
1. America buys up more than half of the worlds supply od diamonds, which makes it the biggest diamond market in the world.
2. A diamond may be up to three billion years old! The diamond crystallization process starts at approximately 200 kilometers, or 320 miles, beneath the surface, and typically rises to the surface in volcanic rock.
3. Diamond is a mineral composed of pure carbon. Diamond is the hardest naturally occurring known substance on earth.
4. A diamond carat differs from a gold carat. The gold carat indicates purity – pure gold being 24 carats. One diamond carat is 200 milligrams (0.007055 oz). The word carat derives from the carob bean. Gem dealers used to balance their scales with carob beans because these beans all have same weight.
5. Since diamonds can withstand extremely high temperatures and hardcore conditions, they are used in windows for deep space travel on spacecraft.
6. The largest diamond in the universe is 2,500 miles wide and found 50 light years away in the constellation Centaurus. Imagine the number of engagement rings that could be made out of that rock!
7. 70% of all brides receive a diamond engagement ring; over 75% of all first-time brides receive one. 50% of all couples choose a diamond engagement ring together.
8. Although diamonds are most often seen in their white/clear variation, they can include the whole color spectrum from clear to black! Most often they’re brown and yellow; most rarely they’re blue or pink. Also, most are tinged with yellow, so they are often set in yellow gold to mask the yellowish gem color, believed to be caused by Nitrogen.
9. Diamonds range in color from icy winter whites to warm summer whites. Diamonds are graded on a color scale which ranges from D (colorless) to Z. Warmer colored diamonds (K-Z) ‘glow’ when set in yellow gold. Icy whites (D-J) look stunning set in white gold or platinum. Color differences are very subtle and it is very difficult to see the difference between, say, an E and an F. Therefore, colors are graded under controlled lighting conditions and are compared to a master set for accuracy.
10. The most publicized romantic diamond gifts in modern times have been the jewels given by Richard Burton to Elizabeth Taylor. These include a 33 carat diamond worth over $14 million and the pear shaped 69 carat Taylor-Burton diamond.
We hope you enjoyed it,
When it comes to engagement rings, it all depends on the diamond’s beauty. Some say it is all about how big it is, some say it is all about how expensive it is. We replace plain ‘big’ with dominant and gorgeous, and we replace ‘expensive’ with luxurious and loving. Most men stick to the basic rings when they choose one for their girlfriends. I would like to introduce to you today the 5 most beautiful engagement rings we offer, that are much more special than the usual variety.
If the 3 diamonds concept for an engagement ring is not special enough for you, we have added different designs to the rings themsleves. Some are curvy, some are straight, some are classic and some have different shapes and cuts to the diamonds separately.
Our engagement rings are specially designed for your loved princess. We make our designs as special and different from each other in order for your choice of ring to be as accurate and distinguished for your wishes specifically.
Our 1/4 carat side diamonds 3 diamond ring with triangle sides is one of our most unique and precious rings. Its beauty is practically endless, and exploring its beauty from all sides of the ring might take hours. We recommend it to couples that are very much in love and wish to celebrate their special love every day by simply looking at this ring. It symbolises beauty and excellent taste in design and fine art.
The last one on our most beautiful 3 diamond engagement rings is the round cut 3 stone engagement ring. One can easily acknowledge that it’s made and designed for royalty. It is a classic ring that can suit any kind of taste and personality, fore its beauty is beyond any definition or rule.
Merry Christmass everybody,
We just want you to sit back and relax, so you can enjoy looking at our magnificent new yellow gold diamond ring. But before you take a look at it, try to remember that this is the holidays season, and you just can’t find a more romantic time to finally pop up THE question and start the new year with a new celebration in your heart that is shared with your loved one. This ring is all about that – making your loved one feel loved by you, in the most delicate and even royal way there is. Check it out here:
You can also watch its movie here:
Happy holidays and happy holidays shopping!