Posts Tagged ‘celebrities’
It’s safe to say that the entire fashion world held their breath during the waiting for the annual Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Annual Gala. This special evening represents to many of us what true fashion is all about. The 2010 Gala was a celebration of beauty, talent, fashion and jewelry.
Much have already been said about the dresses of the Gala and although it’s difficult to ignore it- this time we will try to look at the event from the jewelry aspect of it.
It seems that this time, the dresses took all the focus at the Gala and that’s why most celebrities attending decided not wear too many pieces of jewelry (Just like at the Oscars a few months ago). When you wear a dress that lights up in the dark, like Katy Perry wore for example, wearing jewelry might look excessive, however Perry did wear an amazing pink bolt lightning bolts necklace and proved to us that only she can pull off such a look.
Most of the jewelry choices however weren’t as bold as Perry’s choice and we were able to see lots of precious stones on the red carpet and amazing couture pieces that matched the dresses perfectly.
Among the pieces that were noticed during the evening we can mention Marishka Hargitay and her amazing Egyptian beetle necklace that looked both colorful and ethnic, Model Hilary Rhoda that looked astounding with a gorgeous Cartier Onyx and diamond necklace and Emmy Rossum that wore an ethnic inspired necklace by House of Lavande. It seems that the other starlets chose to go for a more classical look with diamond pedants and diamond bracelets and we bless them for their fine choice.
We feel lucky that we don’t have to pick our top favorite dresses because we probably won’t know what to choose from.
To see all the looks from the event, please click here.
Unlike other award ceremonies that are usually more toned down, this evening was all about splurge and the celebration of fashion and that’s probably why we were able to witness such incredible dresses and such amazing pieces of jewelry. We can only hope that all the celebrities will take on this approach in other events as well and will always look glamorous and accessorized and giving us more eye candies such as this.
last week we have reported that big statement jewelry are all the rage in the jewelry world and just last night, at the glamorous Oscar awards- all hot jewelry trends have been ignored as the starlets chose to look classy over stylish.
The Oscars is a fairly conservative award ceremony, and that is probably the reason why big statement jewelry weren’t anywhere in sight on the red carpet. In fact- minimalism was the bright star of the ceremony- most celebrities chose not to wear jewelry at all or just settled for a nice pair of decorative diamond earrings instead.
Take Oscar winner Sandra Bullock for example- her only accessories were a hot pink lipstick and very subtle diamond earrings. Same goes for Jennifer Lopez: Lopez is usually the queen of drama but this year she decided to tone herself down a little bit by wearing a beautiful Armani dress with large stud diamond earrings.
As far as the other jewelry departments are concerned, we were able to spot some diamond tennis bracelets on celebrities such as Sarah Jessica Parker and Mariah Carrey and some gentle necklaces on starlets such as Kate winslet and the lovely Helen Mirren.
Some stars allowed their dresses to steal all the attention as they chose not to wear any jewelry at all- like the amazing Kristen Stewart: Although Stewart’s navy dress was truly a vision- we feel that the presence of chandelier earrings or a gentle necklace might have upgraded her performance to a perfect 10.
In terms of jewelry no big surprises were seen on the red carpet, it appears that no one wanted to make a big splash in this department (and the preference was to concentrate on the dress instead) and we can’t help but fondly remember Angelina Jolie’s beautiful emerald earrings that she paired up with an amazing black corset dress in the Oscars a few years ago. This Oscars ceremony had a no color policy and we think it’s quite disappointing.
On a different note- you may have noticed the latest global buzz regarding Tim Burton’s recreation of “Alice in wonderland”. We might have gotten used to the fact that elements taken from the film have already sunk into the world of fashion but the latest news is that the jewelry world has also been affected by the highly anticipated film: nowadays you can find bunny necklaces, hat rings, key hole earrings, “Drink me” bottle necklaces and of course- the watch pedant necklaces in every fashion store. We can’t wait to embrace a necklace with a romantic pedant to ourselves while watching the movie.
To say being a celebrity and living the Hollywood life is extravagant and luxurious is an understatement. Celebrities drop mega bucks on all sorts of toys, from gigantic Santa Monica mansions to private jets and multiple sports cars. Celebrities do love their things, and sometimes they go a bit overboard. But, there are some things that celebrities just can’t seem to have enough of – diamonds – and we couldn’t be happier. Diamonds define beauty, grace, and eternal divinity, and we agree – no celebrity can ever have enough diamonds. Check out this list of 5 of the most diamond-addicted celebrities in Hollywood, who, despite all they already own, are always looking for more diamonds.
5. Jennifer Aniston, although has hit many romantic ups and down, definitely struck gold with the engagement ring Brad Pitt designed for her before their wedding. A white gold band with 20 perfect diamonds decorated her hand for all the world to see. And she doesn’t stop there – she also sports a few other diamond pieces regularly. One of her favorites is a diamond crescent moon necklace.
4. Nicole Kidman, at the 2008 Oscars, wowed onlookers with a sautoir necklace, apparently made with over 7000 diamonds, all different types. This piece, estimated at 1400 carats, is one of the things people will remember from the Red Carpet that year forever. Nicole showed us exactly how to make a statement with diamonds.
3. Paris Hilton has surrounded herself in diamonds. For brief engagement to Paris Latsis, the Greek shipping heir, she received a 24 carat diamond and platinum engagement ring, which she apparently had to take off since it was too heavy for her to wear. Since she had to take it off, she of course, had to get more diamonds that were more suitable. Paris has been a model for over $3 million in diamonds, started her own collection of diamond necklaces, earrings, and bracelets, and has also been a diamond spokesmodel.
2. Marilyn Monroe may have taught us that “diamonds are a girl’s best friend,” but Sean ‘P. Diddy’ Combs is a seriously diamond-addicted celebrity, despite his gender. He is always sure to show off some serious bling everywhere he goes. From diamond necklaces to earrings and watches, Combs has a collection that most celebrities try to rival, but will never surpass. A recent addition to his collection is a diamond-encrusted mp3 player, completely covered with over 120 diamonds.
1. Elizabeth Taylor is our number one diamond-addicted celebrity. She never went out without complementing her natural beauty with that of a diamond. She had a vast personal collection that included pieces such as an antique diamond tiara, a 69 carat pear-shaped diamond, a 29 carat diamond ring, and a 33 carat Krupp Diamond Ring. Just these pieces alone add up to over 130 carats of diamonds! Her life-long passion made its way to the literary world when she wrote the book, Elizabeth Taylor: My Love Affair with Jewelry, where you can read about and see her one-of-a-kind collection.