Before You Buy Engagement Rings in the USA
Shopping for engagement rings is a special time in life. You want everything to be just right and there are several things to take into consideration before you spend your hard earned money. Here are some tips for getting the best deals and finding exactly what you want and need.
Your budget is the most important thing to consider. After all, why waste time looking at things you can’t afford? This can only lead to frustration and needless headaches. Some say you should spend at least a month’s income, while other online sources recommend as high as three month’s earnings.
The truth is, there is no set amount and you should not go so far in debt that it creates hardship, and that is certainly no way to start a marriage. Both man and woman should sit down and discuss the cost. If you plan to finance the purchase, consider how the payments will affect your household budget now and in the future.
Where to Finance?
Some local jewelers offer financing for your purchase, but they may not always be the best sources to turn to. For example, you might get a much lower price with an online jeweler and you can place the purchase on a charge card, or pay off the balance in six months.
OK, you have the money situation straightened out and it’s time to go shopping. Before you check out all the pre-made options, explore all the possibilities when you shop loose diamonds for sale. For instance, you can choose from many different cuts and sizes.
Choosing the Setting
Once you have the stone you can now choose the setting. There are many choices, so will need to take the time to browse.
Budget stretching strategies
It’s always best to get more diamonds for your money when you shop, and here are some strategies to consider:
- Go slightly smaller - If the decision is between a 0.08 carat and a 0.09 carat stone, the smaller one is usually less expensive and there is not a great deal of difference in size.
- Consider a clarity enhanced stone – The imperfections are repaired and they cannot be easily distinguished from un-enhanced stones. You can save as much as fifty percent and you also can afford to buy a much bigger stone for the same money.
- Look at the metal – You may save money by choosing white gold over platinum.
Not all diamonds are the same and it is best to get some kind of quality assurance. If you are buying a stone over 0.40 carats it should have one of these certifications:
- EGL or European Gemological Laboratory
- GIA or Gemological Institute of America
- EGS or Empire Gemological Services
American men love to surprise their “brides to be” by picking diamond engagement rings themselves. However, it may be best to pop the question and then both of you shop for rings. That way, you will get the best one. After all, this is supposed to last forever.
When You Buy Loose Diamonds Online
If you are in the market for diamonds, you could go to your local jeweler but the selections may be limited. After all, many local businesses offer mostly jewelry with the stones already set. But that is not the case when you decide to buy loose diamonds online. In fact, there are many good reasons to buy your loose stones online, and here are just a few.
Some local stores may carry a limited selection of loose stones, but that is not the case with reputable Internet jewelers. You can choose from round, princess, marquis, and many other diamond cuts. You also will find a wide array of sizes. It’s easy to locate the perfect stone for solitaire diamond engagement rings or special pendants.
Maybe you want the largest stone for your money. You may wish to check out clarity enhanced stones. However, it may not be a good idea if you plan to buy loose stones for investment purposes, because these stones are not worth as much as ones that are naturally free of inclusions.
A local jeweler may only be open from 9 to 5 and might not be available on weekends. Your online jeweler has a huge selection of loose diamonds and you can shop any time of the night or day. Take all the time that you want when you shop
Nothing is more convenient than shopping for your precious stones on the Internet. Stay at home and use your computer or smart phone. There is no need to take a shower and change clothes.
When you choose a trusted jeweler like Diamonds USA you have the benefits of a 10 day money back guarantee. That’s 10 days from the time you receive your diamonds, not from the date you place your order. You don’t even have to give a reason, and they are more than happy to refund your money.
You have many options for payment when you choose a top online jeweler. They accept most major credit cards, PayPal, and you can even pay with a wire transfer.
Why choose loose diamonds for sale?
Here are just a few of the many reasons to buy loose diamonds USA residents appreciate:
- Create unique diamond engagement rings – Shop for the stone first and you may have several options for the setting and the precious metal.
- Design your own ring from start to finish – Top online jewelers have the resources to turn your dreams and visions into reality. With the help of high tech equipment, all you have to do is send them the drawings and they take care of the rest.
- Consider the investment potential – If you decide not to buy a ring or other item of jewelry, your stone will be an excellent investment by itself.
Once you buy loose diamonds online you enjoy many advantages over other sources. You can save time, money, enjoy more selections, and receive an excellent guarantee, and these are only a few reasons. The same online retailer that offers engagement rings, earrings, cocktail rings, and tennis bracelets, also carries a huge selection of loose diamonds.
When you shop diamonds online you enjoy so many benefits. However, some people have never done this before and are looking for helpful tips on shopping with an online jeweler. If that is the case, you have come to the right place.
Choosing the best online jeweler
Perhaps the most important step involves finding the right jeweler. Here are some important things to look for in an online jeweler:
- Longevity – A good store has been in business for at least 10 years.
- Thousands of unique selections including loose diamonds for sale
- Certified diamonds and lifetime upgrade plans
- Previous customers you can contact
- No questions asked return policy
- Customer service that lets you talk to real people in real time
- Information and tutorials on engagement rings, loose diamonds, pendants, and many other jewelry options available at the website.
Decide what’s most important
Now that you have found the right jeweler, how will you shop? Think about the most important aspect of the diamonds. Remember it goes back to the Four C’s. They are; clarity, cut, color, and carats.
Most diamonds have some kind of imperfections or inclusions. The most sought after stones are ones with the fewest amount of flaws. As a general rule, the higher the clarity, the more you will pay. If you want the largest and most impressive diamonds for your money, check out clarity enhanced (C.E.) stones. Their flaws have been corrected and the difference is indiscernible to the average person.
Which cut do you want? There is no right or wrong answer to this question. It depends on tastes and needs. If you simply cannot decide, consider round as it is the most popular cut. Maybe you want to shop for stunning solitaire diamond engagement rings. You might want to go with a square or rectangular cut like a princess stone. This is one of the most popular selections for solitaire rings. A square cut stone fits very securely in the setting and will stand up well to every day wear.
Perhaps you want a stone that is totally unique compared to all the other cuts. Consider an emerald cut selection. This cut does not have all the brilliance and sparkle of most diamonds, yet, its unique cut provides a “hall of mirrors” effect that is highly distinctive.
A total absence of color gives you a clear white stone, and those are usually the most expensive diamonds. However, other colors are becoming very popular. You can choose from chocolate, blue, yellow, brown, and black.
Carat or weight
Naturally, the larger the stone the more it costs, as a general rule. Of course, this depends on color, cut, and clarity also.
The online shopping difference
When you shop online you have so many options. For example, go to the website and click “diamond jewelry”, “engagement rings”, or “diamonds” and you will see a vast assortment of selections. You can shop color, clarity, carat weight, and cut, all from the same web page. You also can shop in a specific price range and by types of certifications. Simply make your choices and enter them into the search box. You will be taken to the selections that match your search criteria.
It’s really that easy when you shop online with a trusted jeweler like Diamonds USA.
Wedding rings come in many shapes and designs. Some are amazingly expensive while others are reasonably priced. There are many things to consider when you shop the perfect wedding ring for you or your significant other. Here are some helpful tips to make it a little easier.
What kind of person is he or she?
What constitutes a perfect ring for one individual may be totally unsatisfactory for another. Here are some questions to ask that will tell you more about you or your future spouse, and some recommendations:
- Is he frugal? (Shop at the low end of the price range and do not be too concerned about style.)
- Does he like to spend lavishly? (Choose the most expensive ring you can afford)
- Does he enjoy the unexpected? (Surprise him.)
- Does he prefer everything to be planned and predictable? (Go with a traditional selection.)
- Does she appreciate the finer things in life? (Don’t shop only for bargains.)
- Does she like gifts that are lavish and something to brag about? (Go for both unique and expensive)
- Does she appreciate gifts with a hidden meaning? (Try something different with an unusual design.)
If you enjoy the finer things in life, you may not be satisfied by spending one month of your income. In fact, you may need to go beyond the maximum recommendation of three month’s income.
There are benefits to having a large budget, for example:
- You greatly increase the selections.
- You can be assured that you get exactly what you want.
There are also downsides:
- You may not be able to afford the payments.
- This can create a great deal of stress and is not an ideal way to start a new life together.
It is vital to get together and develop a budget that you can live with. This will make it much easier to shop.
How do you want to spend your money?
You can get wedding rings at budget prices and this will give you more money when you look at diamond engagement rings. In fact, you may want to spend most of the budget on the engagement ring. It’s usually a good idea to shop for both at the same time. All you have to do is go online and check out all the beautiful bridal sets for sale.
Everyone loves diamonds
There is no reason to have plain wedding bands if you can afford to have ones with sparking diamonds. When you go with a trusted online jeweller you can browse all of the available cuts and stone choices, in a vast amount of styles and colours.
Consider shopping for your wedding rings online. You may save enough money to pay for a very nice honeymoon. Remember, it is very important to choose wedding rings that match engagement rings. For example, if you do not choose a bridal set you might want to consider a lovely knife edge setting for both the engagement ring and wedding ring.
If you are not sure what to do, top online jewellers like Diamonds USA have excellent customer service reps to help you. You can chat online in real time or you can call the toll free number. These people will answer all of your questions and help you make the right decision.
If you are shopping diamonds or diamond jewellery you can visit a local store or one of many online jewelers. So, why should you come to online jeweler Diamonds USA? Here are just ten of the many reasons to consider them:
- They have been in business since 1997 – That is a long time for any online business. When you see a company that has been around that long, you know they can be trusted. Otherwise, they would have gone out of business a long time ago.
- Top quality customer service – Many online jewelers show you what they have to offer and that’s about it. If you like what you see, you can place your order, and there is little assistance. This is not the case with Diamonds USA. Their customer service is there for you from start to finish. You can contact them via online chat, email, or telephone them directly. You also can call them if you have any questions about diamond engagement rings or anything related to their jewelry.
- Real customer testimonials – Many online businesses feature testimonials from people like “John S”. However, there is no way to tell who “John S” is and if this person really exists. Diamonds USA provides contact info from actual customers. This gives you the chance to get real information that you can count on.
- Return Policy – There is no “fine print” in the guarantee from Diamonds USA. If you are not fully satisfied you receive a refund with no questions asked, and you have ten days to do so, after you receive your order.
- Shipping – They ship all over the planet. Plus, shipping is fully insured and free of charge.
- Payment options – Many places will take Visa or Mastercard, but Diamonds USA takes a wide variety of payment methods including PayPal, Diners Club International, Discover, American Express, and wire transfers.
- Lifetime upgrades – Maybe you would like to have a large stone in the ring that you purchased a few years ago. In many cases, you can trade it in for something of greater value, and this can be done at any time.
- Lifetime warranty on clarity enhanced stones – Their clarity enhanced diamond selections are designed to last forever. However, should anything happen, they will be more than happy to make repairs for no charge. To date, there have been absolutely no problems with these stones.
- Custom jewelry – Diamonds USA gives you many options for customizing your jewelry. For example, you can shop loose diamonds for sale and have them set into jewelry. You also can choose from a wide variety of cuts and settings for many selections. Plus, submit your plans or drawing for your dream ring, and with the help of modern technology, they will bring those plans to life for you.
- No blood diamonds – Some diamonds are mined in very harsh conditions and the proceeds go to terrorists. You will not find any conflict or blood stones at Diamonds USA. They do not support any kind of illegal diamonds in the world.