Wedding rings come in many shapes and designs. Some are amazingly expensive while others are reasonably priced. There are many things to consider when you shop the perfect wedding ring for you or your significant other. Here are some helpful tips to make it a little easier.
What kind of person is he or she?
What constitutes a perfect ring for one individual may be totally unsatisfactory for another. Here are some questions to ask that will tell you more about you or your future spouse, and some recommendations:
- Is he frugal? (Shop at the low end of the price range and do not be too concerned about style.)
- Does he like to spend lavishly? (Choose the most expensive ring you can afford)
- Does he enjoy the unexpected? (Surprise him.)
- Does he prefer everything to be planned and predictable? (Go with a traditional selection.)
- Does she appreciate the finer things in life? (Don’t shop only for bargains.)
- Does she like gifts that are lavish and something to brag about? (Go for both unique and expensive)
- Does she appreciate gifts with a hidden meaning? (Try something different with an unusual design.)
If you enjoy the finer things in life, you may not be satisfied by spending one month of your income. In fact, you may need to go beyond the maximum recommendation of three month’s income.
There are benefits to having a large budget, for example:
- You greatly increase the selections.
- You can be assured that you get exactly what you want.
There are also downsides:
- You may not be able to afford the payments.
- This can create a great deal of stress and is not an ideal way to start a new life together.
It is vital to get together and develop a budget that you can live with. This will make it much easier to shop.
How do you want to spend your money?
You can get wedding rings at budget prices and this will give you more money when you look at diamond engagement rings. In fact, you may want to spend most of the budget on the engagement ring. It’s usually a good idea to shop for both at the same time. All you have to do is go online and check out all the beautiful bridal sets for sale.
Everyone loves diamonds
There is no reason to have plain wedding bands if you can afford to have ones with sparking diamonds. When you go with a trusted online jeweller you can browse all of the available cuts and stone choices, in a vast amount of styles and colours.
Consider shopping for your wedding rings online. You may save enough money to pay for a very nice honeymoon. Remember, it is very important to choose wedding rings that match engagement rings. For example, if you do not choose a bridal set you might want to consider a lovely knife edge setting for both the engagement ring and wedding ring.
If you are not sure what to do, top online jewellers like Diamonds USA have excellent customer service reps to help you. You can chat online in real time or you can call the toll free number. These people will answer all of your questions and help you make the right decision.
If you are shopping diamonds or diamond jewellery you can visit a local store or one of many online jewelers. So, why should you come to online jeweler Diamonds USA? Here are just ten of the many reasons to consider them:
- They have been in business since 1997 – That is a long time for any online business. When you see a company that has been around that long, you know they can be trusted. Otherwise, they would have gone out of business a long time ago.
- Top quality customer service – Many online jewelers show you what they have to offer and that’s about it. If you like what you see, you can place your order, and there is little assistance. This is not the case with Diamonds USA. Their customer service is there for you from start to finish. You can contact them via online chat, email, or telephone them directly. You also can call them if you have any questions about diamond engagement rings or anything related to their jewelry.
- Real customer testimonials – Many online businesses feature testimonials from people like “John S”. However, there is no way to tell who “John S” is and if this person really exists. Diamonds USA provides contact info from actual customers. This gives you the chance to get real information that you can count on.
- Return Policy – There is no “fine print” in the guarantee from Diamonds USA. If you are not fully satisfied you receive a refund with no questions asked, and you have ten days to do so, after you receive your order.
- Shipping – They ship all over the planet. Plus, shipping is fully insured and free of charge.
- Payment options – Many places will take Visa or Mastercard, but Diamonds USA takes a wide variety of payment methods including PayPal, Diners Club International, Discover, American Express, and wire transfers.
- Lifetime upgrades – Maybe you would like to have a large stone in the ring that you purchased a few years ago. In many cases, you can trade it in for something of greater value, and this can be done at any time.
- Lifetime warranty on clarity enhanced stones – Their clarity enhanced diamond selections are designed to last forever. However, should anything happen, they will be more than happy to make repairs for no charge. To date, there have been absolutely no problems with these stones.
- Custom jewelry – Diamonds USA gives you many options for customizing your jewelry. For example, you can shop loose diamonds for sale and have them set into jewelry. You also can choose from a wide variety of cuts and settings for many selections. Plus, submit your plans or drawing for your dream ring, and with the help of modern technology, they will bring those plans to life for you.
- No blood diamonds – Some diamonds are mined in very harsh conditions and the proceeds go to terrorists. You will not find any conflict or blood stones at Diamonds USA. They do not support any kind of illegal diamonds in the world.
If you like flashy and fabulous diamond engagement rings, look to the rich and famous. Many celebrities have enormous egos and jewellery to match those egos. Most people have heard of the legendary rings of Beyonce, Angelina Jolie, Kate Middleton, and Kim Kardashian, but there are some equally stunning rings that you may not have heard about. Here are five impressive celebrity rings that are sure to make most women (and men) envious.
For a long time, no one could get a clear picture of the ring that Johannes Huebl gave Olivia Palermo. However, lately she has made a few public appearances and people have managed to get close pics of the ring. Although it has a rather simple band made from white gold, there is nothing simple about the very large diamond that is attached. It may not be a million dollar sparkler, but the stone is a yellow cushion cut diamond, of at least 3 carats in weight.
If you cannot imagine a ring worth two million dollars, check out the sparkler that Ryan Reynolds gave Blake Lively, recently. The main feature of this ring is the enormous 12 carat stone that is oval in shape.
When it comes to celebrity engagement rings, you will not see many oval shaped stones. Many of the rich and famous prefer the princess cut, these days. Blake’s ring setting is made from rose gold and contains pave diamonds. At first glance, the large stone appears to be clear, but if you look closer you will see that it’s light pink in colour, and perfectly matches the rose gold.
It is something special when a woman receives an engagement ring from a man, but Victoria has received 13 different engagement rings from soccer player David Beckham, over the past 15 years. The total value of these rings is supposed to be a little over 4 million pounds. Her ring with the heart shaped diamond is said to be worth slightly over a million pounds. All of these rings are stunning and most women would be proud to own any one of them.
If you like very large diamonds, you will be enamored with the massive stone that Justin Timberlake gave Jessica Biel. The diamond is believed to be about 6 carats in weight. There are many other diamonds surrounding the large centre stone, and it has an antique appearance. The vintage look is definitely “in”, and the amazing art deco antique diamond engagement ring worn by Scarlett Johansson is a good example.
Many people have never heard of Amal Alamuddin. After all, she was just a London barrister and activist. However, that all changed when she said “yes” to George Clooney with a huge 7 carat diamond engagement ring. The stone is an emerald cut, so it is not a sparkler, but it is impressive none the less. It also has two baguette diamonds set in platinum and is reportedly valued at about $468,000 pounds.
Maybe it’s time to shop for diamond rings? This is an exciting time of life and with the recent popularity of vintage style rings, which choice do you make? Is it time to go for trendy or something that has a look and feel of days gone by? Here is a look at this common problem that many people face today.
Do you like simple or ornate?
Many modern or trendy style rings are simple when it comes to the settings. For example, they feature plain gold or platinum. However, you can have an ornate look if you choose to have lovely loose diamonds mounted in the setting. Yet, this might be beyond the normal budget.
Many vintage style rings are very elaborate in design. In fact, a lot of them are intricate. This is where you will find scrolling and many other fancy decorations. If fancy is what you like, you may wish to check into old style rings.
What cut do you like?
If you are shopping diamond engagement rings and want a princess cut stone, you are not alone. It is very popular. However, this design has only been around for about 50 years, so you might be better off choosing a more modern or trendy style ring and setting, if you want your ring to look authentically antique.
Round diamonds will pretty much work with either choice, depending on the kind of ring you are looking for.
Not long ago, antique style rings mostly had settings in white gold or platinum. However, that is not the case today. Top online jewelers provide old styles in yellow gold also.
Many antique style rings feature what is called a bezel setting. This surrounds the diamond with a band of gold, usually. You can find a bezel setting in a trendy style, but with solitaire rings, it can provide a “plain” appearance. Some old style rings feature smaller stones in elaborate bezel settings and may be the better choice.
Do you prefer something other than the typical white or yellow diamonds? Maybe you are into chocolate or perhaps sky blue? Most antique style diamonds are traditional and unusual colors may work best with trendy designs.
If you are shopping engagement rings, what kind of wedding do you plan on? Perhaps the bride plans to get married in her mother’s or grandmother’s wedding dress. This is a great way to carry on a tradition, and if you plan an old style wedding, it makes sense to go with old style jewelry.
A matter of choice
There may not be a great deal of difference in price, so it can be hard to choose between trendy or old style rings. The best way is to visit a reputable online jeweler and take a look at all of the selections they have to offer.
It may take some time to check out all of the choices, but this will give you the best ideas. After all, when it comes to trendy or old style diamond rings, there is no wrong selection. They are all great choices when you shop the right jeweler. In fact, Diamonds USA provides great customer service that will assist you with your shopping, if you like.
“This year I’m going to get all my holiday shopping done early!” Does that sound familiar? Most of us try very hard to take care of the holidays but it seems like they’re upon us before we know it. Not only that, it’s hard to stay within a budget when there are so many things to buy. This season, you can save money and purchase some of the most beautiful diamonds available, when you choose clarity enhanced diamonds.
What is Clarity Enhancement?
When diamonds are formed deep within the earth’s surface, they are as unique as snowflakes, and no two stones are alike. However, some are formed with tiny flaws called feathers. Feathers get their name from their appearance and they can affect the way that the stone reflects light. In fact, any kind of diamond flaw is called an “inclusion”. Flawed stones have less fire and brilliance, and they are not as prized as perfect ones.
Everyone would love to have perfect stones for their engagement rings and other items of jewelry, but the cost can be substantial. That is why many jewelry suppliers offer diamonds that have the flaws corrected, and they are known as clarity enhanced stones.
Many common imperfections can be corrected with the right enhancement process. During the process, a tiny amount of material is inserted into the flaw. This prevents the flaw from refracting light as it passes through, essentially making it invisible, and the stone appears to be clean. The process does not affect the integrity of the stone. In fact, the average person cannot tell the difference between an enhanced diamond and un-enhanced, simply by looking at them.
The enhancement process is meant to last forever. However, there are a couple of things to know about enhanced stones. First, when you buy loose diamonds, make sure they are not set into jewelry with a great deal of heat (like direct torch flame). This could affect the enhancement. Second, your new stone will not be as valuable as one without flaws. However, clarity enhanced diamonds are considerably cheaper in the first place.
You can save a great deal of money when you choose stones that have been enhanced. For example, as you shop loose diamonds for sale, you may notice that some of the stones have a “CE” in the description. This refers to “clarity enhanced”. You can often save as much as fifty percent or more when you choose these types of stones.
This holiday season, get that special someone a gift that they will always remember. If your budget is limited, this is not a problem when you shop clarity enhanced diamonds. In fact, a trusted online jeweler Like Diamonds-USA has a special section for you. Go to the “diamonds” section of the website, and scroll down to “clarity enhanced diamonds”. There, you will find an enormous selection of stones and in many different price ranges. This is a great way to find perfect diamonds that are sure to bring a smile to someone special.